Drink historians have speculated that the original recipe was introduced to New York in the 1850s and would have been very similar to the gin punches that are known to have been served at London clubs.
- 1 ½ Oz Gin | London Dry
- 1 Oz Lemon Juice Fresh Squeezed
- ½ Oz Simple Syrup
- 2 Oz Club Soda
- dash Angostura Bitters
- Garnish with lemon slice and maraschino cherry
- Pour all ingredients directly into highball glass filled with ice. Stir gently. Garnish. Add a dash of Angostura bitters.
- Pour all the ingredients into a chilled Collins glass filled with ice
- Stir gently
- Add a dash of angostura bitters
- Garnish with a lemon slice and a maraschino cherry